Wagamama has launched a new vegan menu!
The guys at Wagamama invited me down to try it. Let’s take a look at their brand new vegan menu. Continue reading “Wagamama has launched a vegan menu!”
The King of Frozen Veggie Pizza is Back!
Côte was always one of those chain restaurants I avoided. The French brasserie chain certainly wouldn’t have got anywhere near my top 10 chain restaurants for vegetarians. So when I was invited along to review their new vegetarian menu, I accepted with a mix of curiosity and trepidation. I was half expecting the classic botch job of many chains: collecting their pitiful handful of veggie options onto a separate piece of paper with the dessert menu and claiming that they’d put together a whole separate menu. To my excitement, I found no such thing, not only have Cote deisgned a brand new menu of tasty vegetarian dishes with great choice, they’ve re-invented their French classics to allow us veggies to enjoy them for the first time!
Many across the country. Search here for your nearest.
- Separate vegetarian & vegan menu with a large range of tasty options.
- Vegetarian and vegan wine and drinks menu – something I’ve never seen in other restaurants
- French classics reinvented- like French Onion soup with veggie friendly cheese. Delicious!
- The menu is pretty reliant on cream, eggs and cheese and therefore not that vegan friendly.
Veggie LAD Recommends
French Onion Soup
Sausage with Salardaise Potatoes
Veggie LAD Verdict
The LADS and LASSES at Côte have put together a really great vegetarian menu here and it’s great to see them make so much more effort than your average large chain. The specially designed menu items and vegetarian wine list show them really going the extra mile. It’s just a shame they haven’t given vegans the same consideration as you’d still be struggling here. A big step in the right direction though, well done Côte!
Give Me Some of That!
Praise be unto the great veggie gods! The Vurger Co. are here to deliver what Veggie LADS and LASSES have been craving in London for ages: the ultimate veggie burger. Continue reading “The Best Veggie Burger in London? The Vurger Co. Review”
90 Degree Melt opened up in late 2016 but I hadn’t heard about it until my foodie pal Jess Eating East told me I HAD to visit. One look at the menu and I was straight down there for Sunday brunch. What I found, was one of the best vegetarian brunches I’d ever had! Founded by Nidhi Sharma, an incredibly passionate Veggie LASS, 90 Degree Melt is all about delicious American-inspired comfort food, serving incredible grilled cheese sandwiches throughout the week. At the weekend they turn it on brunch style with epic scrambled eggs, Shakshuka bowls, French toast all washed down with boozy Mimosas.
235 Mile End Road, London, E1 4AA
- It’s all vegetarian! Lots of vegan options too. I still never get over sitting down in a restaurant and being able to order EVERYTHING.
- Delicious, American inspired dishes with epic asian and middle-eastern twists.
- Incredible value for money. LAD-sized portions at very reasonable prices (the scrambled eggs were only £6 and LOOK AT THEM!)
- Nothing to see here in terms of the food, there’s something for everyone and it’s all delicious.
- It is quite a way out East so is quite an odyssey. Totally worth it though.
Veggie LAD Recommends
Fried Grilled Cheese Balls
Veggie LAD Verdict
Just go here! You won’t be disappointed. This is also one of the best examples I’ve seen of a place that’s ideal to take your non-veggie mates to. The portions are epic, the flavours are massive and the setting is laid back and cool. What more could a hungry LAD ask for?
Give me some of that!
Take a look at the 90 Degree Melt Website.
Where’s your favourite vegetarian brunch in London. Get in touch on social below…
Those top veggie LADS and LASSES from Good Life Foods have released a new range of frozen vegetarian foods. When they asked me to road-test them, I was only too happy to.
In the heart of Soho, London in amongst the stylish bars and restaurants, the bright orange shop-front of Vegan Hippo shines it’s beacon of plant-based goodness. I went to check out this quirky 100% vegan café. Continue reading “Vegan Hippo, Soho – Review”