Perfect ‘No Fry’ Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
Who doesn’t love Sweet Potato Fries? Over the last few years we’ve started to see them everywhere. Even Iceland supermarket! I’ve been on a quest to find the best recipe to make them at home without an expensive deep fryer. I think I’ve found it! Two not so secret ingredients (Rapeseed Oil and Polenta) make the crispiest, most banging fries. Make a bowlful and let your mates dig in!
You will need:
For the Fries:
1 large or 2 medium Sweet Potatoes (more if you’re hungry!)
3 tablespoons Polenta
4 cloves Garlic
2 teaspoons Paprika
For the Dip:
3 tablespoons Mayonnaise (or vegan mayo)
1 teaspoon Chipotle
- Preheat your oven to 200°C
- Wash and scrub your sweet potatoes. I like to leave the skin on, you can peel them if you’re phobic about skins.
- Chop the sweet potato into thin fries. Don’t worry about being too precise; having different shapes and sizes makes delicious variation in texture.
- Put your fries in a large baking tray. Drizzle with rapeseed oil. Season well with sea salt and black pepper.
- Sprinkle over your dry polenta. This will soak up that oil and make your fries amazingly crispy.
- Sprinkle over the paprika.
- Peel your garlic cloves and place in the tray whole. Give the tray a good shake to make sure all the fries are evenly covered.
- Place them in the oven for 25-30mins until you can’t resist them any longer.
- While they’re cooking make your dipping sauce. This is so simple but epic in flavour. Add your mayo to a bowl.
- Stir in the chipotle.
- Roll your lime on a hard service to get the juices going. Grate the zest of the lime and add to the bowl. Halve and squeeze the juice in too. Mix it all up and season with a tiny pinch of sea salt and black pepper.
Share the Veggie Love!