Scrambled Tofu Recipe – Vegan Scrambled Eggs
Vegan Scrambled Eggs Baby!
Yes you heard right! This vegan scrambled tofu is perfect to replace your brunchy egg cravings. I first tried scrambled tofu in Toronto on holiday and have been working on perfecting my recipe since. The only weird ingredient you need is nutritional yeast, very easily available online. These little flakes are quite something, they add a lovely savoury, cheesiness to the dish as well as that all important yellow colour.
Serves 2 | Time: 10 minutes
1 pack of silken tofu (250-300g)
1 teaspoon turmeric
1 teaspoon smoked paprika
1 tablespoon nutrional yeast
Rapeseed oil or other neutral cooking oil
Salt & pepper
Mixed seeds (optional)
Vegan mozzarella (optional)
- Heat a splash of rapeseed oil on a medium heat.
- Add the tofu to the pan and stir in the turmeric, paprika and nutritional yeast.
- Fry gently for 3-5 minutes until fully cooked. Careful of stirring too strongly as it’s great to keep lumps of tofu together to mimic the texture of an egg.
- Toast your bread and chop some coriander.
- At the end of cooking, grate in some vegan mozzarella if using.
- Pile the scrambled tofu onto the toast, sprinkle over the coriander and seeds and serve alongside some lovely tomatoes. Enjoy!